Youth Clay Classes
We love working with kids and clay. Our after-school sessions during the academic year and Summer Clay Camp during school vacation are full of innovative pottery projects designed to interest children and youth ages 8 to 16.
Read the class descriptions below, and then see our Calendar for upcoming class offerings. You can register for class online, in person or by mail. Please call 683-2529 to make sure a spot is available before registering and paying online.
After School Enrichment Program — Open to ages 8-16
Perfect for children, tweens and young teens, whether they are new to pottery or are more experienced young clay artists. Projects are tailored to the attending group and involve unique functional and sculptural works designed to exercise a child's imagination. Independent thinking and problem solving is encouraged every step of the way!
The six-week session price of $150 includes:
- Six weeks of instructor-led classes, one 1 1/2-hour class per week.
- Clay, tools, glazes and firings.
Class size is limited to 12 children. Students should wear play or work clothes that can handle getting dirty. Working with clay can get messy.
The session fee is due in full before the program starts. We reserve the right to cancel an upcoming after-school session if fewer than six students register for the course. If we do have to cancel an offered session, we will fully refund your session fee, or you can transfer your enrollment into another available class.
After classes start, the session fee is not refundable for any reason except documented medical emergencies. Please understand that we reserve a wheel or table space for your child during the course’s particular time slot and that spot will remain unfilled even if your child can’t make that class.
Summer Clay Camp — Open to ages 7 & up
Give your kids a summer camp experience they won’t forget. Each of our Clay Camps is one week long and built around a creative theme:
- Week 1—Clay Creations for a Treehouse or Garden. Clay campers will learn how to make functional and non-functional ceramic pieces inspired by folk tales, stories and the works of famous artists. Campers will acquire a solid grounding in pottery fundamentals while experiencing the joy of manipulating raw clay with hands, molds, found objects and clay tools. No prior experience is necessary. Projects will be fired and ready for pick up two weeks after the end of camp.
- Week 2—Clay and the Natural Worlds. (SOLD OUT). This is the perfect camp for children and youth who love to explore nature and don't mind getting their hands dirty. Clay campers will learn about clay—even collecting some of their clay from a local creek bed— amd gather natural objects they can use in their pottery projects. Each camper will make at least six projects to take home. No prior experience is necessary. Projects will be fired and ready for pick up two weeks after the end of camp.
Each one-week Clay Camp tuition of $165 includes:
- Five days of instructor-led classes, one 3-hour class per day.
- Clay, tools, glazes and firings.
Check our Calendar for specific class dates and times. Class size for each camp is a minimum of six and a maximum of eight students. Please give us your first and alternate choices for camps of interest in case your first choice fills up or is canceled because of insufficient enrollment.
We allow 15 minutes each day for students to have a snack during camp. Please provide a snack for your child. We will have juice boxes, water and fruit available.
Create a Kids Clay Event
Want to hold a birthday party, a "Kids Night Out" or other special program or event? Please contact us. We can help you arrange it. We enjoy meeting the needs of families and young artists in our area!